Wed, 29 Mar 2017 - DIT week 31
Dr. Pengfei Wang, Senior Research Fellow
|Qualifications:||Ph.D degree on Fibre Optics Engineering in 2008. OSA, Marie Curie & SPIE Membership|
|In the UK|
|B53 Optoelectronics Research Centre,|
|University of Southampton,|
|Southampton SO17 1BJ|
- Mid-infrared fibre lasers.
- Quasi-CW high power fibre lasers.
- Nonlinear glasses based high-Q microspheres and their nonlinear properties.
- Supercontinuum generation of tapered nonlinear/semiconductor fibres.
- Tapered fibre based sensors.
- Microfibre and nanowire based photonics devices for sensing and filtering applications.
- Ultra-fast Laser direct written photonics structure on optical fibres and bulk glass substrates .
- Optical fibres with macrobending structure for sensing and filtering applications.
- Numerical analysis for photonic integrated circuits.
- Numerical analysis for photonic crystal fibres.
- Optical integrated waveguide with liquid crystal overlay for sensing and switching applications.
- Numerical simulation and optimization for photonic components using beam-propagation-method, finite-difference-time-domain and finite-element-method.
Academic Work Experience
- From Mar. 2014 to Present Visiting research fellow at the Optoelectronics Research Center of the University of Southampton, UK.
- From Aug. 2013 to Present Senior research fellow at the Photonics Research Centre in the Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- From Aug. 2010 to Aug. 2013 IRC Marie Curie Research Fellow at the Optoelectronics Research Center of the University of Southampton, UK.
- From Jan. 2012 to Aug. 2013 Research fellow at the Advanced Laser lab, Optoelectronics Research Center of the University of Southampton.
- From Feb. 2009 to Aug. 2010 Postdoctoral researcher at the Photonics Research Centre in the Dublin Institute of Technology, Ireland.
- From 12th Feb. 2007 to 23rd Feb. 2007 Diploma from the Winter College on Fibre Optics, Fibre Lasers and Sensors, organized by the Abdus Salam ICTP, Trieste, Italy.
- From May 2004 to July 2005 Awarded a 14 months' joint grant funded by the Abdus Salam International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) and the International Centre for Science and High Technology (ICS), co-funded by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). Trained and worked in the Institute of Microelectronics and Microsystems of Italian National Research Council, section of Bologna, Italy.
- From January 2003 to May 2004 Assistant researcher in the State Key Lab of Applied Optics, Changchun Institute of Optics, fine Mechanics and Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
Academic Research Experience
- Supercontinuum generation of tapered nonlinear fibres.
- Femtosecond laser and CO2 laser direct written photonic structures on optical fibres and the other glass substrates.
- FEM theoretical investigation of fluid dynamics in microtubes with random rough surfaces.
- Numerical analysis and experimental investigation for Micro/Nano fibre wire.
- Numerical analysis for photonic sensing devices based on optical fibre, planar lightwave circuits and photonic crystal structures.
- Excited and absorption
spectrum measurement and analysis for ions diffusion.
- Optimal design and fabrication of 8-channel
add/drop filter using vertically coupled microring resonators based on
- Micro-sensor based on Mach-Zehnder
Interferometer (MZI) structure, fabricated by C4+ ion
implantation based on LiNbO3 crystal substrates.
- Excimer UV laser (KrF, 248 nm) micro-machining:
direct written waveguide circuits, Sub-Micro/Micro/Nano photonics
structures on the LiNbO3 and silicon wafer substrates.
- Theoretical modeling and optimal design for an
integrated passive optical gyroscope for space navigation application.
- Numerical simulation, optimization and
fabrication for Microthrustor for a micro-spacecraft application (MEMS) and
investigation of corresponding chemical catalyzer.
- Assistant lecturer in MSc Electronic & Communications Engg (DT086 & DT085)
RF & Microwave
Fibre Optic Sensing
Current Research Project
- Awarded an extension of IRC INSPIRE Marie Curie international mobility fellowship in 2012.
- Awarded the Marie Curie life-time membership in 2010.
- Worked for the European Space Agency as a visiting scientist in the Institute of Microelectronics and Microsystems, Italian National Council of Research, section in Bologna, from May 2004 to July 2005. The research focused on a remote optical micro-sensor as a payload on the exploration mission Venus Express to be launched in November 2013.
- Reviewer for the Journals: Applied Physics Letters, Optics Express, Optics Letters, Optical Materials Express, Journal of the Optical Society of America B, Sensors and Actuators B: Chemical, New Journal of Physics, Nanotechnology, Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, IEEE Photonics Journal, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Journal of Physics D, Measurement Science & Technology, Applied Optics, IEEE Sensors Journal, Sensors, Optics Communications, Optics & Laser Technolgy, Journal of Optics, Chinese Optics Letters, Polymer Engineering & Science.
List of Publications
- The full publication list can be found here.
- Also the link for my Google Scholar webpage can be found here.
- My ResearcherID webpage can be found here.